Monday, May 7, 2012

Agile Solves Problems and Introduces Others!

Recently, I got to know one of the experts of ESI, the European partner of SEI. I met him in the corridor of ITIDA during his visit to Egypt for one reason or another. We chatted for a couple of minutes, and I will quote him saying:
"Agile solves problems and introduces others!"
It was clear that he has a negative attitude towards "Agile"; may be he is talking about some bad failure patterns of Agile implementation, like those I mentioned in this blog item.

However, I would affirm that the amount of problems that Agile solves are far way bigger than the ones introduced.

I also forgot to ask him: What about CMMI-based process improvement, specially those following waterfall or phased development, does it really solve any problems? or just introduces others :)

No comments: